2016 INDEX

Friday, April 12, 2019


April 12, 2019 – I thought they were cookies . . .

         I save and reuse the empty plastic containers that you purchase baked goods in – pizzelle cookies and croissants – for my yo-yo ‘sausages’ that I described yesterday. 


         I have a cat that likes to play with things, I’ve already chased around on the floor, and under the couch the results of her feline play time.  I solved that problem with sealing up the yo-yos so she couldn’t do it again.

         I am taking a challenging calligraphy class – Copperplate Calligraphy – at the local Arts Council.  I go once a week for several weeks. It is more difficult than I thought it would be – like learning to write for the first time.  I feel like I am in first grade learning to write my alphabet again – a,b,c, etc.

         I came in from the class and my husband said,

         “I thought they were cookies sitting on the dining room table.”

         I smiled knowing different, but held my tongue knowing he must have been more than surprised. He continued,

         “The light wasn’t on and I was wondering why you had boxes of cookies on the dining room table figuring you must have been making them for a church thing.  I grabbed one and opened it and what do I find?  Those, those - things.”

         “Yo-yos”

         “What are they for?”

         “I am making a bedspread, I told you before.”
        
         “I was in the mood for some cookies.”

         I made a mental note to make some cookies this week for Mr. Sweet Tooth.



No comments: