2016 INDEX

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

May 22, 2019 – Old, re-furbished, now new

         This was a simple project.  I have a tin frog that I bought at one of those dollar stores.  He was a florescent lime green and he made me smile.  He lives out on the brick patio – as a salute to my finishing that project.



         As you can see, he isn’t lime green anymore.  The weather has done it’s damage.

         Recently I noticed that the red nail polish that I painted my house key – the actual door key – not the bolt key had worn off and I went to a dollar store with the intention of buying a shocking color to repaint it. I found cobalt blue and painted my house key cobalt blue – it’s me – I love it – I am a simpleton.

         That got me to thinking.  My new frog color would be green with touches of blue around the edges.  Now, I’ve never seen such a frog – but my imagination would put such a colored frog in the Amazon jungle.

         I used hardly any of the cobalt blue for the key.  I wondered how much 0.5 fluid ounces would paint, [the amount in a typical fingernail polish bottle].  Well, as you know the internet is a wonderful tool which advised me  8 ounces of paint will cover 16 square feet, which is 2 square feet per ounce or 1 square foot per half ounce.

         All I needed to do was to find frog green nail polish.  In the old days, that would be an impossibility - but not these days.

         After my brick laying stint, I repainted my frog and this morning I returned him to the patio.


         It’s not a bad paint job for the price of a cheap bottle of nail polish.  Now I wonder how long it will last.  I will report if it is short term, but something tells me, I might get a season out of this.

         Now I wonder where that old metal butterfly is – it needs a do-over.

No comments: