2016 INDEX

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Surprise Gift I wanted to share

 December 1, 2020 – Surprise Gift I wanted to share

 


         It is not every day that I receive such an amusing gift that is a testament of the times – Covid19 and toilet paper shortages.  What was surprising about this little package – gift bag enclosed, with no indication who had sent it.  It was from a mystery Santa for most of the afternoon.  I snapped a photo of it, and sent it to various friends and asked them if they had sent it, as it had no gift card.

          Clever isn’t it? I had to share it.  A friend who is also an old boss of my husband’s sent this to us.  He enjoys a good laugh, or a good joke.  He has been as upbeat as you can expect in this Covid19 lockdown situation.

          We are in North Carolina and he is distant – Washington State.  Not only did he have the protestors, he also had wild fires in his area this summer and he still could send emails with political comments and great one-liners from our mutual, favorite Senator from Louisiana, Senator Kennedy.

          I imagine everyone has been wondering where I have been, I have had a health issue that has gotten me down.  It is a learn-to-live-with-it issue and I honestly am not doing well with the mitigation theory of self-care.

          Oh, well, I need to look on the bright side – I am still alive and doing things.

          I have finished the two greenhouses and I have finished the raised beds around them.  Now that all my new bulbs have arrived, I will start the planting.

          But, here is a glimpse of the “greenhouse complex” as I call it.

 


         And, I have started decorating for Christmas.  Today I did the dining room.  I have been searching for two things for the last 4 or 5 days.  I have jeweled fake fruit I want to pile up in an antique wood bowl on the dining table.  I swear they used to be in the bottom of a suitcase along with some metal shelves that you hook on the window ledge.  I was looking for the metal shelves too.  Finally after emptying out the guestroom closet, the master bath linen closet, and the master closet I decided I must have moved them to deep storage – the shed.  Last week I had already looked and didn’t happen to notice them.

         This time I took out an LED lantern and prowled around a little deeper.  Oh my, they were right in front of me and I’d overlooked those little metal shelves on two prior occasions.   But, the fake jeweled fruit . . . since the shelves were not in a suitcase anymore, then the fruit had to be in something else. 

          By theory of deduction I snagged a few spare carry-on’s and with just a heft could tell it wasn’t them.  On the third carry-on, I struck gold, gold glistening fake fruit that is.

          At the end of the day, dining room came together, the master closet looks so neat and clean I could hold a Christmas Tea party in there and I’ve two boxes of personal letters exchanged between me and my Mom to re-locate.

          But first, I think I will re-read them. Mom died few years back, but I can bring her back to life just re-reading her magical letters.




No comments: