2016 INDEX

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

May 24, 2017 – Cosmos coming into bloom


       My brother sent me a free packet of cosmos seed from The National Shrine of The Divine Mercy entity promoting The Sacred Heart out of Stockbridge, Massachusetts. It was a packet that came in the mail to my Mom and he sent it along knowing I would plant them.  [He is into vegetables in his gardens.]

        At the time I received it I admired the nice “advertising” ploy to obtain donations and I shook the packet knowing exactly where I was going to plant them.   That weekend I planted out my radish seeds and lettuce seeds in the patio garden and I sowed a nice neat row of cosmos between the two. As I planted them, I had the additional confidence that the Almighty would make them sprout and flourish.  The frilly leaves were quick to come and eventually outpaced the radishes in the foreground.

        Then, our church had a “30 days to Morning Glory” consecration to Mary religion class that I attended and now I am in the middle of a weekly “Consoling the Heart of Jesus” retreat which is uplifting and revitalizing my spiritual strength and boosting my faith.  Now, I don’t think it was a coincidence that innocent little seed packet found its way from my Mom’s mail to my brother then down to me.  It was in God’s master plan.

        Daily as I open the kitchen slider drapes in the morning my eyes immediately go to those dainty cosmos in bloom and reminds me who has given me all my talents and treasurers and this lovely life – Jesus Christ.


        The soft mist of the daily morning fog back-lights the fragile pink blooms and I pause daily to take in the moment so that I never forget and give daily thanks.



No comments: