2016 INDEX

Monday, May 7, 2018


May 7, 2018 – New Coffee Maker

         I had this nice little one cup coffee maker – not one of those pod things, that was electric.  But, alas, it did not last – it was left on by mistake and that was the end of it after about 3 months.  So, I wasn’t ready to fork out $40 for another three months.


         But, something caught my attention in a recent gourmet chef catalogue.  A pour-over coffee brewer – that is porcelain and is not electric.  You boil the water in a tea kettle and then pour it over the coffee grounds.  I had never seen one before – I must live under a rock at times – and it piqued my interest.  I shopped around and ordered a Melitta 6 cup brewing pour over with carafe.  Pictured above – very simple, very easy to use and to clean and I am surprised at how well it makes coffee.

         I also noticed when I went on line to Melitta.com that these have been in existence since 1908. Check it out at https://www.melitta.com/en/Our-passion-through-the-years-1696,68876.html

         I consider the coffee hot enough – as I don’t like to burn the roof of my mouth.  After I pour my first cup, I put my “tea pot” cozy around it with a little clip and it keeps my second and third cup hot enough for me.  But, if you want it hotter, then you can pour it into a thermos. 

But, it is so classic looking and simplistic – it appeals to me and it might appeal to you.

         I have always enjoyed the old-fashioned “KISS” approach to life.

Keep it simple, stupid.

And this is a perfect example – makes a great cup of coffee!

No comments: