2016 INDEX

Thursday, May 10, 2018


May 10, 2018 – Inexpensive Tool Basket

         I’ve been struggling for years to find the right “tool basket” for my hand tools that I take out into the garden so that I don’t misplace them.  I tried a flowerpot unsuccessfully as it tips over being vase shaped and doesn’t have handles.

         Yesterday I was at one of my favorite haunts – the Dollar Tree – and spotted a blue plastic basket which was just the right size with holes in it.  It cost me $1.00.  It is square so it won't tip over easily.

         The first picture shows the basket, two pieces of rope that I have taped the ends so that they don’t fray and all the tools that I usually carry out with me so that I don’t have to run back and forth.



         I laced the rope in the top outer holes and tied a knot for each handle on the inside.  




Then I loaded the basket and there you have it – completed basket – all tools safely in it that I can haul out to the garden.  If the basket gets dirty – I can simply wash it off.  I even have enough room to slide a collapsing colander in there and can pick a crop before I come back into the house.



         And, there is enough room to add a bottle of water or some seed packets.


         When I am done, I can bring it back to the house and set it inside.

         It looks nice for something so practical and so inexpensive.

No comments: