2016 INDEX

Thursday, January 24, 2019


January 23, 2019 – Monique’s replacement

         Today Monique’s replacement arrived – not a real person – a Dritz Twinfit Full figure Dress Form.


         Years ago, I used to have a similar dress form in a much “smaller”size.  Since I am no longer that “smaller” size, I ordered a new dress form that represents my current state of rubenesque.

         I am going back to a favorite hobby, sewing as I have been struggling to find any clothes in the stores that I actually like or actually fit. Making my own will solve that two-fold problem.

         For a cute story, see my prior blog:  January 20, 2017 - Monique - my sewing mannequin.

          The dress form arrived early.  I’d been informed she would arrive on the 24th, but today, I hear the doorbell -  Ding Dong.  I see the back of the UPS man climbing back in his truck and on my doorstep is a large box.


         This afternoon I put her together – the stand is exactly the same – sleek and non-tipping.  The hem pinning thing is the same.  She is exactly like Monique except she is not so svelte so I think I’ll name her Hilga.  A fitting name for a full figured, meat and potato type of gal – I mean dress form.

         I can’t allow her to be naked so I grabbed a white blouse and buttoned it on her and then tossed on my winter cardinal zip vest.

         I set her in the corner of the kitchen to admire her all afternoon.

         My current clothes on her gave me a new perception – funny that – I didn’t realize how really stunning that cardinal vest looks on my “twin” – or actually on me when I wear it.   Now I know why people compliment me when I wear that vest.

         It looks sporty and somewhat elegant in its own way –  I’ve now decided I won’t call her Hilga – my twinfit dress form looked more like my trusted old friend, Monique, this afternoon.

         Turning off the lights to go off to bed this evening, I said to her,
        
         “Welcome back Monique, you will just love the teal green fabric that I’ll be sewing into a stunning dress for you . . . . actually for me.”

No comments: