2016 INDEX

Sunday, October 21, 2018


October 21, 2018 – Spotlight on Jasmine, my cat



         Many of you have noticed I mention my cat, Jasmine, often.  She is such a delight in my life.  In fact, I have decided to re-start my “Joy Journaling” where I write down at least one thing a day that is delightful or I give thanks.  Others may consider it a ‘gratitude’ journal.  If you need inspiration to start a joy or gratitude journal, a simple search on the internet for either will net you many articles.  Often they have questions that will prompt you to think about what you are thankful for or what brings you joy.

         This is a great time of year to process your joy or gratitude and be thankful for where you are in life. 

         We have Thanksgiving coming towards us fast and we need to be prepared for when a friend or guest asks that proverbial question at the Thanksgiving feast table, “What are you thankful for?”

         I am thankful for my cat, Jasmine.  She is a daily delight.  She sleeps down at the foot of my bed.  I don’t need an alarm clock, she wakes me every morning in one delightful way or another.

         I can’t tell you how many times she jumps into my lap for her loving pats.  She trots through the house with me from kitchen to bedroom and back again.  And, I feel that she understands everything I say to her.  If she has slipped off to one of her hiding places to sleep – does she ever get enough – I guess not; we wonder where she is and my husband will ask “Where is the cat?”  She magically shows up.  She knows we are looking for her.

         Her hearing is so keen that she can be sitting looking out the front window through the lace curtains and then suddenly will turn and pounce on a ‘stink bug’ that is walking across the hardwood floor. Amazes me every time.

         For those who haven’t been properly introduced to her – here are a few photos.  

Box kitty - when I am organizing or sorting  - she is right in the middle of it.


  


Her kitten portrait: 



More recent snap.  And, yes, her fur is as soft as flour. 




“A home without a cat – and a well-fed, well-petted and properly revered cat – may be a perfect home, perhaps, but how can it prove title?”  - Mark Twain
        

No comments: