2016 INDEX

Monday, November 5, 2018


November 5, 2018 – President Trump  and “Where have you been?” 

         Yes, I am back.  I have literally taken it to heart that in order to be a better writer, I am embracing the mantra: You must read.  So, I’ve been reading, and reading, and reading. And, then I run out of time to write.

         I have to schedule my time better.

         And – drum roll please – I attended the Trump Rally in Charlotte, North Carolina on 10/26/18.  Yes, I got to see President Trump with my own eyes – at a distance of about five car lengths.  He sure can work a crowd.

         Yes – that was certainly a big check mark beside a bucket list item for me.  Years ago I went to a Train-stop rally in South Carolina for President George H. W. Bush- 41 – which was also awesome. 

         I survived the 45-degree drenching rain in a poncho waiting in line from 1:30 p.m. until 3:30 p.m. for a 7:00 p.m. rally. [They felt bad for us and let us in early.] The rain splashed the hems of my pants and I was sopping wet up to my knee caps.  [No I didn’t melt or dissolve . . .]

         The people in line in front of me and behind me were educated – not a bunch of rednecks as the liberal news media wants to portray. Everyone was polite and everyone wanted to talk Trump politics. The 5 women nearest me were college graduate, white women from the suburbs – also not what the “fake news” is dishing out. We also had young business millennials and retired veterans  -  all types of people – except I didn’t see any crazy people.

         We had the added bonus of college students coming along with their video smartphones interviewing us waiting in line for their class projects.  We sure told them what we thought.  The more questions we answered, the more they asked.  We covered every aspect of the platform for them and then some.

         Inside it was truly a Red-White-Blue Rally.  By the time President Trump arrived, all the seats were full.   Security was more than ample and they were circling like sharks among the people.

         One thing you can say about President Trump – he knows how to give a crowd a compliment.  He tossed out about 5 compliments making us happy we had braved the lousy weather. And a 8,600 person crowd is rather awesome to see and hear.

         And, here is a picture of me in my red/white/blue scarf.  It was a long day, but it was worth it to be among people that think and vote like I do. 



         Not only did I have to weather the rain, I had to weather the following snarky comments from so-called friends who are on the other side of the political aisle when I mentioned the rally to them:


         “I am going to the Trump Rally in Charlotte tomorrow!”

         “Why would you want to?” she answered.

         “I am at the Trump Rally in Charlotte – got  a few hours to kill waiting on his arrival,” I texted to a friend.

         He texted back:    “You are an educated woman, did someone hog tie you or kidnap you and force you to go?”

         So, you can see how divided the country is – even among the people I know.  

         If I have the chance to go again – I will go.   President Trump calls it like he sees it.  So what if he isn’t a wordsmith and doesn’t talk elegant.  He uses street language, the language of the common man.  I have just as many flaws as he has – which makes him REAL – not like the FAKE NEWS.



No comments: