2016 INDEX

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Something new in a cleaner


March 4, 2020 – Something new in a cleaner

         This time I am ahead of the curve.  When Dawn ultra-Platinum powerwash dish spray was advertised recently on TV I took notice.  When I arrived at the store and looked for it, I bit my lower lip and hesitated only a moment on the price.

         In the South they have a quaint saying:  Better get it before it gets gone.

         Since there was only one sprayer assembled product and one refill left on the shelf I ignored the price tag – this time.



         Upfront, the product does have a redeeming quality – you can buy refills at a lower cost and earth friendliness.

         I find it is the perfect cleaning product for the clean-up as you go housekeeper who doesn’t want to waste regular detergent with a squirt on this, then on that [wasteful] or maintain a half-sink full of hot soapy water waiting on prep dishes.  That was their advertising ploy and it sold me before I even went to the store to look for it.

         I am pleased with it for the clean up as you go, but this morning I tested it out on the top of my black enamel gas stove top.  Mind you – you can’t over spray because then you have to wipe and rinse and wipe – but it did an outstanding job.  Less was better in that case.  But, sparkling clean was the objective and I got that with a wet rinse towel and a towel to buff it dry.

         Then, I had a bright idea – wonder how it works on soap scum on my fiberglass shower door. 

         I sprayed a bit and worked it with a dry magic eraser and it looked good.  Then I did the rest of the door and rinsed it off.  I am satisfied with the results.  I found I had better results than Scrubbing Bubbles  product and used less of a cleaning product – that is a win-win.

         I've  had this product in the house for about two weeks and it is only down one inch from where the nozzle meets the clear bottom part.

         Now I will be on the lookout for dirt and scum to tackle – looks like my Spring Cleaning will go faster this year thanks to Dawn’s new powerwash.

         So, if you are hesitating on purchasing this new product – go for it – it is worth the price.

Some Spring Cleaning fun quotes:

Against:

Both of us can’t look good at the same time
. . . it’s me or the house.

Spring cleaning never killed anyone,
but why take the chance?

We dream of having a clean house
– but who dreams of actually doing the cleaning?
– Marcus Buckingham

In honor of this beautiful spring weather,
I would like to invite you over to complain about allergies,
reminisce about spring break trips
and help me clean.

Advocate for:

What I know for sure is that when you declutter –
whether it’s your home, your head, or your heart –
it is astounding what will flow into that space that will
enrich you, your life, and your family.
Peter Walsh

Have nothing in your house that you do not know
to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.
William Morris

You have got to clean your own house first
before you tell other people that they
aren’t doing it right.
Dan Webster

Spring cleaning the house is easy.
Spring cleaning life is tough.

Cleaning anything involves making something else dirty,
but anything can get dirty without something else getting clean.
Laurence J. Peter



No comments: