2016 INDEX

Monday, March 9, 2020

The light in your heart – Book review


March 9, 2020 – The light in your heart – Book review

         I just finished The light in your heart, - inspirational thoughts for Living your Best Life, by Roy T. Bennett.  It is a treasure of 246 pages of quotations by Roy T. Bennett.  ISBN No. 978-0987917768.  As they say – It is a keeper!

         This book will always be in my library – on the shelf close by where I can pull it often.  When I am having a bad day, it will be a welcome friend and inspiration.  When I’ve missed a goal, I’ll dive between the covers and see if there is something that will kick me in the pants and get me moving forward. 

         When someone phones me and I don’t have any solid advice, I will pull this book, read the whole thing, and then drop that person note with a couple of quotes from Bennett that might help.

         I suggest you buy more than one copy.  One for yourself, one to give to that friend that is going through a rough patch, one for each of your children to inspire them, and then one for someone who has attained a significant goal in their life to plant the seed that they are not done climbing to their full potential.

         The book is a quick read, perfect for re-reading every so often.  Most quotes are on their own separate page with lovely scrolls or trim work around it.

         I turned down the corners of three pages on this first read through which I will share with you:

To have what you have
never had, you have to do
what you have never done.
Roy T. Bennett

The level of success you
achieve will be in direct
proportion to the depth
of your commitment.
Roy T. Bennett

You were born to
stand out, stop trying
to fit in.
Roy T. Bennett

         If you like any of these – go to the link below and browse a little bit, I am sure you will find something you want to share with your friends.
        



No comments: