2016 INDEX

Friday, April 17, 2020

Irreverent quotes that are spot-on


April 17, 2020 – Irreverent quotes that are spot-on

         I dabble in all sorts of things; one is calligraphy – off and on over the years.

         Last year I took calligraphy classes in Copperplate.  It takes practice, lots of practice and quiet time – something that seems to have vanished from my life.

         The quite time hasn’t exactly vanished, I just think it is a case of poor time management at this juncture of my life - I am being a slacker – that’s all. Time I kicked myself in the butt and pulled up those boot-straps again.

         Every once in a while, I get a Pinterest pop up that has calligraphy and this morning I browsed aimlessly with my second cup of coffee.  I know how to kill time on the internet just as well as anyone else.

         But, I found something for the quote collector, that is me, and the calligrapher, also me, and I would say for any women who has grit, spunk, and is outspoken, those that know me, might say I fall into that category.

         I suggest you visit:


         This gal, based in Melbourne, Australia – has it together.

         She has videos of her writing snappy quotes in calligraphy. Trust me, go to her site and experience it first hand – words can’t describe how mesmerizing it is.

         What better way to learn the flourishes and movement of the pen, and to be mesmerized by her certain and swift hand.  JUST AWESOME!

         So, this is a shout out to this gal, a total stranger, but I like her – I even like the quotes with  “f____ing” in them – I nod and heartily agree.  She has a twisted sense of humor that is honest.

         Have I piqued your interest?  I sure hope so.

         I will leave you with a couple of irreverent quotes that I admired from both the calligraphy and the quotes she wrote:



Sometimes you just have to burn the
bridge and learn to swim - @ thegoodquote



I just want to thank all those who’ve destroyed me
into the person I am today.



Stop being so f___ing forgiving,
people know exactly
what they are doing.



Coronavirus ain’t shit, my
ex was more toxic.
– Demetris Tate

No comments: