2016 INDEX

Monday, April 2, 2018


April 2, 2018 – Dewit Dutch Hand Hoe RH


         I say this is the best garden tool you can own.  In my 30 years of gardening, I have had several.  A few have disappeared – someone else must have liked it and captured it.  And I’ve broken one due to absolute abuse yanking out rocks. Shame on me – but it did the job – what can I say?  I usually get about 5 to 7 years out of it if it doesn’t disappear.

         My current one is in poor shape as the blade has been worn down from constant use and it doesn’t want to stay in the handle, so I ordered a new one.  When the new one gets here, I may try to fix the current one somehow as a backup for my really rough work.

This is my serious weeding tool, my mudding tool, my lift up the cobble stones and pull out the weeds and reset them tool.  If I can’t find this, my sun hat, and my garden gloves – I might as well pull up a lawn chair and read a book.

         If you are left handed, be sure to get the left-handed version.  This has a nice length to it so that you can kneel on the outside edge of a 5 to 6 feet border and reach in and yank out weeds at that distance without stepping into the garden.

         It makes the best gift for a new gardener.  But, you must give them a demonstration of what it can do. They will love it for years, as I have.

         No, I don’t have stock in the company, it is just a perfect garden tool and I wanted everyone to know about it, and try it.

         I suggest you search around for your best deal. I ordered mine from Burpee’s as I snagged free shipping with a couple other items.

         Good gardening to you‘all.

        

No comments: