2016 INDEX

Monday, April 23, 2018


April 23, 2018 – Second flush of mushrooms

         I am back again with pictures of the Baby Bella Crimini mushrooms I am growing in a box in my closet.  The box is manufactured by Mushroom Adventures and I spray the medium with water morning, noon and night and if I happen to be in the master closet and it looks dry, I give it another misting.


         These were the size of pencil erasers two evenings ago and then I kept an eye on them yesterday as they developed.  Today, I harvested them about 4:00 p.m. for an ingredient of our supper.


         I took hamburger and crumbed it in a bit of olive oil and butter and then sliced up the mushrooms and sautéed them together.  Simply served up with a sprinkle of sea salt and cracked black pepper.  We are eating simple and easy with a tossed salad on the side tonight.

When cooking with creminis or other related mushrooms, you’ll benefit from obtaining lots of B vitamins, phosphorus, selenium, copper, and even some fiber and protein too. Mushrooms are very low in fat and calories, in addition to both sugar and carbs. [https://draxe.com/cremini-mushrooms/]

         This time, my husband was more excited about them.  He was merely surprised how delicious they were the last time.

         Feed number two – box back in closet going for another flush and more scrumptiousness.

No comments: