2016 INDEX

Tuesday, July 16, 2019


 July 16, 2019 –  Easy peasy lemon squeezy

         I am a put-things-together type person. When I noticed Big Lots had a store wide 20% off sale coupon on entire purchase in the weekend paper – I jumped at it.  I had been looking for a little rolling bin with drawers and the newspaper had two or three to choose from in my cheapskate price range.

         It was my first shopping excursion with the air-boot since breaking my right foot.  I had my husband drop me close to the entrance, and I boot walked with the aid of Daddy’s cane for balance.  In a no-nonsense way I asked the gal at the cash register near the front of the store,

         “Where is this 4 drawer rolling bin – I don’t want to walk all over for it?” 

         She understood and directed me down the exact aisle that landed me directly in front of the display.

         I didn’t see many boxes left as the store had opened earlier and we were rather late in the day.  Of course, a black one and an aqua one were on display and I wanted the black one.  I saw one box that was the black, but I wanted two of them.  I stood guard with my trusty cane ready to beat other shoppers away from my quarry – I am only joking – but I felt powerful with a cane to poke at the box and to point to things.  I especially liked “pointing” with the cane attitude it got my husband’s complete attention. Poking around more, we found a second black one. Lucky us.


This morning I put two of them together in a “heart-beat” a Southern phrase that is spot on for the situation.

         I merely pulled the pieces from the box, and within 10 minutes the first one was together and within 5 minutes the second one was together.

         I highly recommend them as they roll freely and you can take the plastic drawers out and wash them if you need to.  Small, space saving.  One I sorted all the tools my husband had in a tool bag.  He could never find anything as he wouldn’t dig down 5 inches to where the wanted items resided.  This way, he at least has four levels to look in and he can roll the cart to the project and tuck it away when done.  Its new home is shoved in a small space in the mudroom.  Handy.

         Mine will be for my gardening junk – you know the seeds, gloves, and sundry stuff I take out to the garden. Maybe even put my garden shoes in the bottom bin – perhaps that will keep the dirt off the floor. Tuck it away when not in gardening season.

         If you are on the ‘hunt’ for a little rolling bin with removable drawers, I highly recommend it.  Even someone with two left thumbs can put this item together. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.


        

No comments: