2016 INDEX

Wednesday, August 29, 2018


August 29, 2018 – The grocery bag trick - revisited

         This blog refers back to the July 27, 2018 post where I could not sleep and learned a new trick.

         TA-DA – a picture of three of them.



           Here is a picture of three of them.  They are staged throughout the house for future use. I use them to line small bathroom wastebaskets as well as near the kitty littler box for scooping and disposing.        

          I no longer have a clutter of used grocery bags being held for some future purpose messing up my mudroom.  This process is now almost effortless  to re-cycle and re-use grocery bags.  Just takes a moment to unload your groceries, flatten and smooth the bag, fold it in half and put in the queue to be rolled up.  When I have enough empty bags, usually 12 to 14 - I take the few minutes to roll them up, stuff them in an empty plastic bottle, tape the bottom shut and viola.

         We use Cremora in our coffee and when they are empty I wash them out, peel the label off, and cut the bottom ajar – leaving a hinge and allow them to dry.  Then, I grab the flattened grocery bags that I have on the chair in the dining room.  Sometimes they are already rolled up and I've taped a used calculator tape around them to hold them in place until I get another empty bottle.  I usually put 12 to 14 bags in the roll in each of these plastic jugs. 

         
         OH, I just love it – organized – efficient – cool – useful.

         If you want to know how to do this – visit my July 27, 2018 blog – go to the bottom and there is a link that shows you how.

No comments: