2016 INDEX

Monday, September 3, 2018

 September 3, 2018 – Finished the ramp and started on the brick pavers



         The next morning I put 8 inch tall pieces of poster board down the left and the right sides.  I drew where the cement was currently.  I then drew the ramp angle from the 8 inch to the brick paver height.  I made the angle drop, then cut the poster board to the angle drop and replaced the poster board along the sides. 

         I used the white poster board to guide me in patting the cement into the foundation at the right angle and level – bags 6 through 9 I did this way bringing the cement up to the same angle drop as the side poster boards.

         The last bag, I screened the rocks out of the cement and mixed it so that I could smooth over the top of the 5 x 5 foot ramp.  I worked quickly and took a hand dust broom and swished the top so that there was a slight grainy surface to it. After it dried, I easily pulled the fiberboard from the edges and laid down the landscape fabric for the first section of the brick paver apron – 12 feet x 14 feet.


         The next step was the brick pavers. I laid a few rows of basket weave.  The below picture is a row of bricks set up for the next row.

         





At the end of the day I top dressed it with a splash of sand - swept it back and forth and left it hoping it would rain and be washed between the pavers.


Not done yet - I'm half way through the pallet of pavers, won't be enough.

No comments: