2016 INDEX

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Love Bites – Valentine’s Idea


February 13, 2020        Love Bites – Valentine’s Idea

         I like to make brownies every once in a while and yesterday was a brownie hankering day for me.

         I couldn’t locate my favorite rectangle tart pan readily and while I was looking for it I noticed my madeleine cake pans languishing in the third drawer of my kitchen desk.


         Idea department!  I like a brownie that has “chew” meaning that the best parts are the outside edges that connect to the baking pan with a soft center.  I wondered – what if I scooped out the brownie mix with my cookie scoop into each individual depression in the madeleine cookie pan?

         I spray oiled two pans and then dusted them with flour.  I took the routine box of brownie mix and added chopped pecans to it.  Mixed it up and cookie scooped it into each depression.  I own four pans, but I estimated I would need only two pans of twelve each.  The batter went into 24 depressions perfectly. [Yes, fist pump!]

         Not certain how long to bake them – I started at 15 minutes, then I checked them every 5 minutes – this batch came out “dry toothpick” in the center at 25 minutes.


         I let them cool a few minutes, then popped them out with a silicone spatula.  Chewy on the outside with a soft moist center. 

P E R F E C T

         Voila! – Love bites for the chocolate fan.

         I can picture them in a paper dollies lined box and delivered to your grandchildren or your favorite aunt or your lover or best friend.

Chocolate rules!

“Take a chance!  All life is a chance.  The
Person who goes the furthest is generally the
one who is willing to do and dare.”
- Dale Carnegie

No comments: