2016 INDEX

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Book notes: Failing Forward


February 19, 2020 – Book notes:  Failing Forward

        
         Failing Forward, Turning mistakes into stepping stones for success by John C. Maxell is the topic of my blog today.

         When I read a “self-help” book, from the library, I take notes in the form of an outline or copying out entire passages. I am especially fond of quotations.  This book created a treasure trove of quotations and ideas as well as my own thought process of what I had failed and why.

         If you are STUCK – I suggest you obtain this book – either purchasing or finding it at the library and give it a read.  It makes you think and gets you revived up for action to take control of your life.

         Sometimes we just need a reminder or a kick in the pants – this book should take care of that need easily.

Here is a sample:

“In life, the question is not if you will have problems, but how you are going to deal with your problems. If the possibility of failure were erased, what would you attempt to achieve?

The essence of man is imperfection. Know that you're going to make mistakes. The fellow who never makes a mistake takes his orders from one who does. Wake up and realize this: Failure is simply a price we pay to achieve success.

         This book is crammed with quotations and the last two days I have been transcribing my notes.  The quotations are just as meaningful and viable today as the day I jotted them down. 

         When I was checking on the availability of this book online so that I could reference it properly, I noticed a website entitled: Failing Forward Quotes.
        
         If you’ve had failures, are working diligently, and getting nowhere, or need to get to the next level in your career or personal life, I suggest you read this book.  To entice you to read the book – go to the link below.

         If you need a reminder of the inspiration you received from previously reading this book – visit the website below to recap some the best quotations about failure, perseverance and the road to success.

         If you just love good quotes – this is the place to read, admire, and pass these timeless gems along.


No comments: