2016 INDEX

Monday, February 17, 2020

Writing Group monthly essay.


February 17, 2020 – Writing Group monthly essay.


Below is February’s project.  We were given the bolded first line.


It was love at first sight, as I remember.

         My Mom always said, “comparison shop, you never know what you are missing, if you don’t go out and look at all that is available.”

         The first one was cobalt blue, big and shiny. It was both functional and pretty, but too pricey for our needs.

         The next one, was shiny black with awesome tires. I circled it slowly and paused to kick a tire. Isn’t that what one does to work-horse type tires?  It was rugged, more suited to a construction worker, and not what I was looking for.

         Then, I spied a compact model.  I ran my fingertips lovingly across the red enamel paint job.  I admired its sleek lines.  I took it for a test drive, a couple turns and twists. It would be most satisfactory.

         My husband asked, “Are you sure this is the one you want?”

         “Yes, yes definitely.”

         Paying for it my thoughts turned toward spring days of sun, of the soft breeze on my face, of breaking in my brand spanking new red wheelbarrow.  

180 words

No comments: