2016 INDEX

Sunday, April 9, 2017

April 9, 2017 - Crop Fit


A few years ago I discovered that tossing around the 8 x 4 x 16 inch retaining blocks that I use for my raised beds makes me feel better the next day and for a few days.

You must be thinking I am crazy.  NO, I work slow and methodical and bend my knees carefully when I lift them up and then I am careful when I put them down slowly.  I take my time and the weight is sort of my resistance training.

I noticed every time I seemed to be working with bricks or blocks I would feel unusually "energized" the next day.

So, I am chomping at the bit for my pavers and sand to be delivered and they are saying Monday, tomorrow.  I certainly hope so.  At night in my dreams I have been installing them already.

I was so disappointed this Thursday when they called to say they ran out of bulk sand.  The delivery is set for Monday and I am more than impatient.

But, this idea of Crop Fit isn't crazy.  A few places on the internet have mentioned the idea of heavy garden work as a form of exercise.

When I get a load of mulch or a load of compost to top dress my gardens, I also get this "feel good feeling" the next day.  I sort of feel taller and more upright or something.  It must be all the stretching or all the muscle use work.  I don't know, I just know that when I am done at the end of the day I feel more than just satisfied with the project I have completed, I feel powerful as well.  Is that just in my mind?

I don't know - but I will monitor it closely when the pavers and sand arrive.  Looking forward to the exercise as well as the finished product.  And, looking forward to that "powerful" feeling again.


No comments: