2016 INDEX

Saturday, November 26, 2016

November 26, 2016 - News clipping magic.



          I guess everyone has unclassified skills that only your spouse or family know about.

          I like to read the local paper in print form.  I will probably never go 100% digital for my news.

          Friday I noticed an article about an accomplished woman who will be giving a piano recital on Sunday.  It interested me, and I have yet to call around to see if a friend might like to go with me to the piano recital.

          Without hesitation I snagged the article – meaning I tore it out of the paper - neatly.  I tore it down the right side and then across the top.  It has two rather uniformed edges that are rough. However, I didn’t need to crease the paper in any way to obtain a tear line.  I didn’t have to resort to scissors.

          This skill has been very useful over the years.  I just seem to give the paper a confident yank and like magic – I get a straight tear.

          I wasn’t shown this skill by anyone, but 95% of the time I get a nicely edged article for tucking away for future reference without resorting to scissors.

          I often hear my spouse say, “What are you saving?”

          Followed up by, “How do you do that?”   He is always impressed at my magic newspaper clipping skill when he sees the neat [yet torn] edges.

          I simply shrug my shoulders meaning “I don’t know”.  However, Friday morning when he said that, I paused and thought.  “I guess it is one of those God-given talents that is very useful but can’t be listed on a job application.”

          Do you possess any of those extraordinary skills that are not actually “marketable?”

No comments: