2016 INDEX

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

November 9, 2016 - "Fasten your seatbelts.  It's going to be a bumpy . . ." - Bette Davis

Donald J. Trump, President elect.


Congratulations to you Donald J. Trump; but also congratulations to all those 
who voted for him.
We have finally been heard.


When I was a young woman, my Mom told me to avoid discussions of religion, sex, and politics among friends, associates, and strangers.   For many years I have heeded that caution but it sure leads to dull conversations, and a dull life.

I finally grew out of that mantra and this election season I talked religion, and politics.  I also shelved the "politically correct" language and used the same forceful language as Donald J. Trump. I have always liked to "call it like I see it" and it has offended many people over the years. But, my closest friends and work associates have actually found it sort of endearing and humorous over the years because they never know what I might say.

[One attorney used to smile and say, "Well, Teri, tell me what you honestly think . . ." ribbing me after I'd drop my "call-it-like-I-see-it" comments.  It was his polite way of telling me I had stepped over the line for the general public, but he understood me and my angst of the situation.]

This political season I have honestly enjoyed my robust discussions with fellow "Trumper's" and non-Trumper's.  It has been enlightening.

I wasn't one of those who had to be wooed over.  I was one of those: "YES, about time, a business man, who has been successful and an outsider."   I was on board from day one.

AND, I have subscribed to The Weekly Standard, a conservative Republican weekly magazine, for several years and they were behind the "never Trump" movement.  So, not only did I get the - "You don't have your head on straight" from the people I came into contact with; I managed to read, cover to cover The Weekly Standard which was so ANTI-Trump I almost cancelled my subscription over their scathing editorials.    I only kept the subscription because the political cartoons are simply "over-the-top" funny.

I imagine I will now have absolutely no traffic to this blog because I am one of those "Deplorables", but then, I have "grown-up".   Hopefully, you will re-visit me in the future ignoring my political affiliation if it offends you.

It is going to be SO interesting to watch history unfold before our eyes as 
we move forward.

It was a long and bumpy ride during the campaign and
the next four years may be an even more bumpy ride.

No comments: