2016 INDEX

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

December 6, 2017 – Snowflake Shortbread Pan - Recipe

         Why is it I can’t find the recipe even when I’ve written it down, typed it, and saved it in three different places?  WELL – I am going to add it to my Blog and then I know I can find it in the future. [This current search took ½ hour to find.  I found it and now I am going to re-index it and splash it everywhere on my computer system and share it with you as well.]

         I am baking cookies for the annual Church Cookie Walk.  It is at the Immaculate Conception Church this Saturday, December 9 – in Forest City, North Carolina, in the church hall.  $8.00 per pound.



Come and get them early – before they get gone!





Snowflake Shortbread Cookies

3/4  Cup butter at room temperature
1/2  teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2  Cup confectioners’ sugar
1  1/2  Cup flour

Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Grease pan lightly.

Cream butter until light and fluffy. 
Beat in confectioners’ sugar, then the vanilla. 
Finally, work in the flour. 
Knead dough on an unfloored board until smooth. 
Firmly press dough into pan, so that is comes up below the rope detail.*
Prick all of the surface with a fork. 

Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly brown. 

Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes. 
Loosen edges with a plastic knife and invert onto a cutting board. 
Cut into serving pieces while warm.

* my pan has a design detail


Reference: www.nordicware.com


No comments: