2016 INDEX

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Trick to get more mileage out of those 360 Swiffer dusters


January 22, 2020 – Trick to get more mileage out of those 360 Swiffer dusters




        I recently fell in love with the 360 Swiffer dusters after just one cleaning spree.  I have those peaked ceilings – high in the center of my home and ordinary height on the outside walls.  I needed something to catch those floating spider webs and the floating cat hair that wants to stick to things.

         The only thing I don’t like is the cost – because I am frugal, well actually I am cheap, let me be honest.  But, after trying to suck off most of the dirt and dust with a vacuum – awkward to say the least, and time consuming - I fell upon an easier remedy.

         I tuck a lint roller in my back pocket and from time to time, I roll it all around the 360 Swiffer duster head to remove the dust and cobwebs and get more mileage out of each duster head.  Works slick.  Lint roller paper is cheaper than tossing out each 360 Swiffer duster head when dirty.



         Try it – and you will find so many more places to use your 360 Swiffer dusters, as you’ll get more cleaning power out of them at less of a cost.

         You can tell I am in the “deep clean zone” during this Artic blast.

Good housekeeping to you.



Now a little story from memory lane.

         When my Mom and Dad came to visit us after every corporate move, she’d leave little handmade, handwritten ovals in out of the way places.    

         Later when I’d be cleaning, I’d notice a little oval cut from a piece of paper that had my Mom’s handwriting scrawled on it.  On one side they said:

         “Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval”

         When I flipped them over, they said,

          “Love Mom”

         Having those grace notes from Mom spurred me on to keeping a cleaner house even when I was worn out and dead tired. It was such a delight to have such affirmations days or weeks after their visit.  There is nothing better than a surprise and a delayed compliment.

        


No comments: